As announced in October 2018, the University is building a new student wellness center to further improve our health, counseling, and wellness resources. The center will expand the existing student health facility located at the University of Chicago Medical Center on 59th Street and Maryland Avenue and will feature a dedicated entrance on 59th Street for greater ease of access. The new space, which is slated to open in autumn 2020, will bring together the Student Health Service, Student Counseling Service, and Health Promotion and Wellness in one location, enabling us to provide integrated care in a welcoming and student-centered environment with more medical and mental health providers on staff.
Architect & Construction Manager: Wight & Co
Project Manager: Angela Knoble, (773) 834-1728, email@example.com
Construction start: April 2019
Phase 1 Construction Complete
Phase 2 Construction: May 2020 - October 2020
The campus community can expect the following:
- Site fencing will be in place.
- Construction vehicles and deliveries will be on-site each working day.
- Some noise will be associated with demolition and new construction work.
- A portion of the roadway and parking lane along 59th Street will, at times, be temporarily unavailable throughout construction.
- Typical daily working hours are 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.