The UChicago Child Development Center - Stony Island is a 13,300 gross square foot child care facility at 5824 South Stony Island Avenue. The building is located south of the Lab Schools’ Earl Shapiro Hall. The facility serves 124 children ages six weeks to five years old. Program includes classrooms, a gross motor play room, and associated administrative and support spaces, as well as outdoor play areas and reserved parking for child drop-off. The project is LEED certified.
Rendering courtesy of Wheeler Kearns Architects.
- Project Manager: David Culcasi
- Architect/Engineer: Wheeler Kearns Architects
- Construction Manager: Leopardo Construction
- Project Contact: David Culcasi
- Fall 2013: Construction began.
- Spring 2013: Completed steel erection and building enclosure.
- Summer 2013: Substantial project completion including landscaping.
- Fall 2013: Completion and move-in.