The new facility provides an appropriate space for teaching, research, and events for faculty, students, and visiting scholars. Over the past decade, the Harris School has expanded its enrollment while recruiting outstanding students to its increasingly diverse and international student body. Its enhanced curriculum applied learning and research programs in urban policy, energy policy, and data science have enabled students to keep pace with the fast-shifting policy landscape. Along with the planned growth of the Harris School, the Keller Center accommodates related institutes.
For more information about this project, visit The University of Chicago Harris Public Policy.
Architect: Farr Associates
M.E.P.FP. Engineer: dbHMS
Structural Engineer: Stearn-Joglekar, Ltd.
Landscape: Site Design Group, Ltd.
Construction Manager: Mortenson Construction
Project Manager: Angela Knoble, 773.834.1728
- July 2016 – Completion of construction documents
- August 2016 – Start abatement and interior non-structural demolition
- November 2016 – Completion of abatement and interior non-structural demolition
- April 2017 – Construction mobilization
- April 2017 – Construction start
- November 2018 – Construction completion
- December 2018 – Occupancy
Keller awards & certifications:
- AIA COTE Top 10 2020
- ASHRAE Excellence in Engineering award
- American Institute of Architects Chicago (AIA Chicago): Distinguished Building Award - Honor Award
- American Institute of Architects Chicago (AIA Chicago): Interior Architecture Award - Honor Award
- American Institute of Architects Chicago (AIA Chicago): Small Project Award, Object - Citation of Merit (Social Stair)
- Urban Land Institute: Vision Award - Excellence in Environmentally Sensitive Design and Community Engagement
- The Architect’s Newspaper: A’N Best of Design Awards - Building Renovation | Civic Category
- Building Design+Construction Magazine (BD+C): Reconstruction Silver Award
- International Lighting Design Awards (IALD) Lighting Award of Excellence