April 8, 2019
In April, phase 1 construction will start at the Student Health, Counseling and Wellness Center at the Chicago Lying-In Hospital site located on East 59thStreet. Phase 1 construction is scheduled to complete by March 2020.
The campus community can expect the following:
- Site fencing will be in place.
- Construction vehicles and deliveries will be on-site each working day.
- Some noise will be associated with demolition and new construction work.
- A portion of the roadway and parking lane along 59thStreet will, at times, be temporarily unavailable throughout construction.
- Typical daily working hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For questions please contact Angela Knoble, project manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 10, 2018
On Monday, July 16, construction started at Woodlawn and 60th Street, the future home of the David M. Rubenstein Forum. Please see the below graphic showing the construction site. Construction continues through the summer of 2020.
The campus community can expect the following during construction.
- Mobilization will continue throughout the summer including crane, trailer and fence installation.
- Excavation work will occur that includes caisson installation.
- Construction vehicles will be on site throughout the work day; flaggers will be present during deliveries, as needed.
- Work will be noisy at times, and construction crews will be on site daily; weekend work will be scheduled, as needed.
- The sidewalk along the south side of 60th street will remain open.
- Construction updates will be distributed when activities occur that may impact pedestrians and traffic.