December 12, 2019
Scheduled start date is Monday, Dec. 16, at the Eckhart steam vault on the west side of University Avenue to excavate, locate and repair a leak. Please see the attached graphic showing the area of work. The approach to the work requires temporary closure of a portion of the sidewalk and parking spaces. The schedule of work may continue through the week of Dec. 23.
For questions, please contact Dan Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 10, 2019
Project activity started at the ATS Building the week of Sept. 23. Due to its deteriorated structural condition, the building is scheduled to be demolished starting in early October.
The surrounding community can expect the following:
- Installation of fencing surrounding the demolition site.
- Installation of scaffolding along the sidewalk.
- Construction vehicles will access the site using Stony Island.
- The west sidewalk and the CTA bus stop adjacent to the site will not be available.
- Noise and dust mitigation plans will be in place.
- The working hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The demolition completed on November 29, final work to be finished TBD
For questions please contact Michael Ross, project manager, at email@example.com.
April 8, 2019
In April, phase 1 construction will start at the Student Health, Counseling and Wellness Center at the Chicago Lying-In Hospital site located on East 59thStreet. Phase 1 construction is scheduled to complete by March 2020.
The campus community can expect the following:
- Site fencing will be in place.
- Construction vehicles and deliveries will be on-site each working day.
- Some noise will be associated with demolition and new construction work.
- A portion of the roadway and parking lane along 59thStreet will, at times, be temporarily unavailable throughout construction.
- Typical daily working hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For questions please contact Angela Knoble, project manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 10, 2018
On Monday, July 16, construction started at Woodlawn and 60th Street, the future home of the David M. Rubenstein Forum. Please see the below graphic showing the construction site. Construction continues through the summer of 2020.
The campus community can expect the following during construction.
- Mobilization will continue throughout the summer including crane, trailer and fence installation.
- Excavation work will occur that includes caisson installation.
- Construction vehicles will be on site throughout the work day; flaggers will be present during deliveries, as needed.
- Work will be noisy at times, and construction crews will be on site daily; weekend work will be scheduled, as needed.
- The sidewalk along the south side of 60th street will remain open.
- Construction updates will be distributed when activities occur that may impact pedestrians and traffic.