October 2, 2018
The demolition of the La Floresta Apartment building started the week of Oct. 8 and will continue into November 2018. During this time there will be construction activity at the site as shown on the graphic below.
The campus community can expect the following:
- Trucks will enter and leave the site from Kimbark Avenue.
- Work will be noisy at times.
- Water will be used to control demolition dust.
- Scheduled work hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Scheduled completion is by Friday, Nov. 16.
Please direct questions to Michael Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.989.7361.
July 10, 2018
On Monday, July 16, construction started at Woodlawn and 60th Street, the future home of the David M. Rubenstein Forum. Please see the below graphic showing the construction site. Construction continues through the summer of 2020.
The campus community can expect the following during construction.
- Mobilization will continue throughout the summer including crane, trailer and fence installation.
- Excavation work will occur that includes caisson installation.
- Construction vehicles will be on site throughout the work day; flaggers will be present during deliveries, as needed.
- Work will be noisy at times, and construction crews will be on site daily; weekend work will be scheduled, as needed.
- The sidewalk along the south side of 60th street will remain open.
- Construction updates will be distributed when activities occur that may impact pedestrians and traffic.
June 7, 2018
At 8 a.m. on Monday, June 11, mobilization started at The Laboratory Schools Jackman Field between 58th and 59th Streets at Dorchester Avenue to replace the field surface. Please see the below graphic showing the area of work.
The campus community can expect the following throughout the project:
- Construction vehicles will enter the site from Dorchester Avenue.
- The sidewalks adjacent to the field will remain open to pedestrians.
- At times there will be noise generated throughout the work day.
- The daily work schedule is 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Working hours may vary throughout the summer, including early start times and weekend work.
Please direct questions to Kareem Cousar, project manager, at email@example.com or 773.834.3733.
Thank you for your patience throughout this project.