The Utilities and Sustainability sub-unit provides and oversees various facets of the University of Chicago’s complex utility infrastructure including its planning, development, construction and operations.
Utilities provides the following services:
- Strategic procurement of natural gas and electricity
- Management of natural gas, electricity, water and waste water
- Energy conservation efforts
- Renewable energy portfolio
- Metering and master planning
Central Utilities Production
- Production of reliable and cost-effective building utilities (steam, chilled water and compressed air) at three Central Utility Plants
- Support of the operations & maintenance of Building Automation Systems
- Oversight of building commissioning services
Refer to our Functional Directory for more information.