The Engineering and Utilities sub-unit provides and oversees various facets of the University of Chicago’s complex utility infrastructure including its planning, development, construction and operations.
Engineering and Utilities provides the following services:
- Strategic procurement of natural gas and electricity
- Management of natural gas, electricity, water and waste water
- Energy conservation efforts
- Renewable energy portfolio
- Metering and master planning
Central Utilities Production
- Production of reliable and cost-effective building utilities (steam, chilled water and compressed air) at three Central Utility Plants
- Support of the operations & maintenance of Building Automation Systems
- Oversight of building commissioning services
Mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering support to Facilities Services Operations and Capital Projects Delivery units
Project Management for projects requiring specialized engineering competencies
Refer to our Functional Directory for more information.