The Stevanovich Institute on the Formation of Knowledge will unite scholars from several different fields to study the history of knowledge from antiquity to the present day and to explore how differing forms of knowledge shapes our modern world. The existing building contains 7,450 gross square feet and with a proposed addition will be re-envisioned for the Institute which will function as a research laboratory and incubator for University of Chicago faculty and visiting scholars, as well as, PhD students and post-doctoral scholars associated with the program. The new program, focusing on collaborative interaction, will include offices for scholars and administrative support, interactive spaces for lectures, workshops, seminars and informal meetings, and program support spaces. The project also includes mechanical and infrastructure upgrades to the existing building.
- Project Manager: C. Lee
- Architect: BNIM
- General Contractor: Reed Construction
- Project Contact: C. Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 2016: Site plan approval.
- August 2016: Target to begin construction.
- September 2017: Target for construction completion and occupancy.