Monthly update for October 2018. The information details construction activity planned at five Campus South project sites during the next month.
Woodlawn Residential and Dining Commons - 1156 East 61st
- Installation of concrete stair towers, floors and columns.
- Installation underground utilities.
- Installation of underground storm water detention structure.
- Installation of electrical and plumbing infrastructure.
La Floresta Demolition - 6021-35 South Kimbark
- Demolition of the structure is underway.
- Work on the site is tentatively scheduled through end of November.
Keller Center - 1307 East 60th
- Exterior work, including the installation of a steam line, terrace concrete and asphalt patching on the south side of the building will continue.
Rubenstein Forum - 1201 East 60th
- Deep excavation is complete.
- Installation of below underground structures, foundations, infrastructure and waterproofing is ongoing and will continue through the end of November.
- Erection of a tower crane is in progress and will be complete in early-November.
- Utility work in Woodlawn Avenue is planned for early-November; the schedule and logistics details will be issued in advance of the work.
- Construction trailers will be delivered to the site on Oct. 28.
- Limited crews will be working weekends through the end of November to make up lost days due to recent rain.
We also have installed a message board north of the sidewalk on 61st Street, at the end of University Avenue, to display construction status updates.
Office hours will be held on Thursday, Nov. 8, at 950 East 61st Street, first floor, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Drop in any time during the hour to meet one-on-one with staff.
The next project update will be distributed via email in November. As always, please feel free to contact me at any time with questions or concerns.
- Matthew Curtin