Below is the monthly update for November 2018. The information details construction activity planned at five Campus South project sites during the next month.
Woodlawn Residential and Dining Commons - 1156 East 61st
- Installation of concrete stair towers, slabs-on-grade, elevated slabs and columns.
- Installation of underground utilities.
- Installation of electrical and plumbing infrastructure.
- Start of exterior wall framing by December.
- Start preparation for installation of mechanical equipment.
- Start interior wall layouts in December.
- Weekend work is scheduled for Dec. 1 and Dec. 2
- Vibration Monitoring Update:
- None of the monitors have been triggered since Oct. 19.
- Excavation and foundation activities are complete; vibration monitors will be removed at the end of December.
La Floresta Apartment Demolition - 6021-35 South Kimbark
- Removal of the building and below grade structure is complete.
- Installation of storm water detention.
- Site grading and fencing of the site.
- Work on the site is scheduled through ~Nov. 30.
Keller Center - 1307 East 60th
- Decommission steam vault on east side of building. Move into the building on Dec. 20 and Dec. 21.
Rubenstein Forum - 1201 East 60th
- Tower crane and construction trailer installation is complete and now in operation.
- Installation of utility structures below the lower level slab is complete.
- Below grade foundation pours are 70% complete. Erection of above grade structure will begin in December.
- Utility work in Woodlawn Avenue is ongoing; the gas line connection is complete and sewer connection will continue into December.
- Backfill of the foundation perimeter will begin in December.
- Limited crews will be working weekends throughout December to make up lost days due to weather.
You can visit the Facilities Services website, at uchic.ag/CampusSouth, to access Campus South Construction Program information. We also have installed a message board north of the sidewalk on 61st Street. at the end of University Avenue to display construction status updates.
The next project update will be distributed via email in December. As always, please feel free to contact me at any time with questions or concerns.
- Matthew Curtin