May 22, 2020
The replacement of the windows project at the Kersten Bridge is scheduled to start on Tuesday, May 26. Scaffolding installation will occur for two weeks prior to the eight weeks of temporary bridge closure. The below graphic reflects the area of work and the impact to parking along 57th Street.
The campus community can expect the following throughout construction:
- Temporary full lane closure along 57th Street “after working hours” will occur one evening during scaffolding installation.
- The bridge will be temporarily closed; appropriate signage will be in place.
- At times, there will be noise generated by construction activity.
- The daily work schedule is 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Working hours may vary throughout the summer, including early start times and weekend work.
- Updates on impactful activities will be provided.
Click here for the Facilities Services statement of protocols to address the challenges presented with the COVID-19 pandemic for construction and vendors working in buildings and at construction sites.
Please direct questions to Andrea Herring, project manager, at email@example.com or 219.796.3651.