May 12, 2021
Construction activities will start at 6 a.m. on Thursday, March 18 at 5835 S. Kimbark Avenue (Judd Hall) with the installation of building scaffolding. The building envelope repairs will start in May that includes roof repairs, window replacement, and masonry façade repairs.
The campus community can expect the following:
- Window removal and restoration will start on April 7 and continue throughout the project.
- Walkways to building entrances will remain accessible throughout construction.
- Updates on impactful activities will be provided throughout construction.
- Working hours are 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The daily work schedule will vary throughout the summer, including early start times and weekend work.
- The completion date is Sept. 3, prior to the start of the new academic year.
Click here for the Facilities Services statement of protocols to address the challenges presented with the COVID-19 pandemic for construction and vendors working in buildings and at construction sites.
Please direct questions to Barry O’Quinn, project manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773.691.7965.
Thank you for your patience during this work.