June 10, 2019
Phase 1 of the reroofing project at Hinds is scheduled to start on Monday, June 17, and continue through Friday, Sept. 20. Due to the complexity of the reroofing project, completion is scheduled in two phases. The schedule for phase 2 is not yet determined. The below graphic reflects the area of work.
The campus community can expect the following throughout phase 1 construction:
- Walkways and entrances to the building will remain open and accessible.
- At times, there will be noise generated by construction activity.
- Equipment and material will be delivered to the building roof.
- The daily work schedule is 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Working hours may vary throughout the summer, including early start times and weekend work.
- Scheduled completion is weather permitting.
Please note, two crane lifts are being scheduled (TBD). A crane will be used to remove existing equipment from the roof, and later in the summer to deliver new equipment to the roof.
Please direct questions to Barry O’Quinn, project manager, at email@example.com or 773.691.7965.
Thank you for your patience throughout this project.