July 24, 2020
Two interior projects are scheduled to start at Haskell Hall in the coming weeks: (1) accessible lift replacement project, which will start on Monday, July 27, and (2) laboratory build-out in rooms 006 and 006A of Lower Level, which will start in early August. The attached graphic shows the placement of a debris dumpster on 59th Street that will be used for the projects.
Building occupants can expect the following throughout the projects.
Accessible Lift Replacement:
- The start of construction is Monday, July 27, and the actual installation of the lift is the week of Aug. 3.
- The East door of Haskell Hall will be the primary access into the building throughout construction.
- Some noise will be associated with the installation project.
Lab space build-out:
- Construction will begin in early August – more details to follow
- The work includes remodeling of rooms 006 and 006A, as well as minor accessibility upgrades to restroom 015. Additionally, classroom 027 will be outfitted with new furniture, and the closet 027E inside the classroom will likewise undergo minor remodeling.
Click here for the Facilities Services statement of protocols to address the challenges presented with the COVID-19 pandemic and construction for contractors and vendors working in buildings and at construction sites.
Construction updates will be provided throughout each project.