October 23, 2017
Starting the week of Oct 23, replacement of chillers at BSLC will start. Construction activity includes use of a crane to lift equipment and material, and underground work. A crane will be installed in the alleyway between BSLC and the Knapp Center for Biomedical Discovery (KCBD) throughout the duration of the lifts and installation.
The campus community can expect the following:
- Equipment and material lifts are tentatively scheduled in late October, late December and January.
- Parking restrictions will be in place, at times, when the crane is delivered to the site; 57th Street is scheduled to remain open for traffic. Flaggers will be on site to direct traffic, as needed.
- Excavation will occur in the alleyway; some noise will be associated with this activity.
- Noise will also be generated when removal of existing wall panels for steel installation occurs.
- The alleyway will be temporarily closed throughout the duration of the crane lifts and installation. The delivery docks to each building and refuse removal will be maintained.
- Scheduled completion for work in the alley is by end of January 2018, weather permitting.
Please direct questions to Tony Maiellaro at 773.807.7948 and Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org