October 12, 2022
Botany Pond will be closed for repairs and restoration from October 2022 until summer 2023. The repairs to the pond and surrounding landscaping will enhance the pond’s habitat and improve the use of the area. The steps for restoration and wildlife preservation have been planned with the consultation of faculty experts.
Prior to the start of restoration, the pond will be drained, cleaned, and assessed to then determine the extent of restoration that is needed. The initial work is scheduled to start the week of Oct. 10. The pond will remain closed until restoration is complete in summer 2023, at which time the pond will be refilled and reopened for the enjoyment of the university community.
The campus community can expect the following:
- Equipment will be used during initial work and restoration.
- Construction access will be through Cobb Gate.
- Construction fencing will be in place around the pond through end of construction.
- Construction noise will be audible, at times.
- Daily working hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Progress updates will be distributed throughout this restoration project.
Please note: the camera and livestreaming at the pond will not be active while work is ongoing. We plan to resume the livestream when the pond reopens.
For questions please contact Katie Martin Peck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience during this work.