January 14, 2021
Construction activity will start Thursday, Jan. 21, to modernize and repair the main elevator in Anatomy Hall. The elevator will be temporarily out-of-service during the project; duration is 6 weeks after which the elevator will again be operational. Working hours for this project are 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
The building occupants and visitors can expect the following:
- Access between floors using the stairs will be maintained.
- Vehicles will be on site at times during construction working hours.
- Testing of the elevator will occur as the project nears completion.
- Signage identifying alternate access throughout the building will be in place at each floor and at the building entrance.
- If an “in-service” elevator becomes non-operational, please contact the Facilities Services work center by calling 4-1414.
- If a person requires assistance with exiting the building at any time, please contact UCPD by calling 123 from a desk telephone or 773.702.8181.
Click here for the Facilities Services statement of protocols to address the challenges presented with the COVID-19 pandemic for construction and vendors working in buildings and at construction sites.
Please direct questions to Brandon Rux, project manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773.612.9465.
Thank you for your patience during this work.