Our Building Services sub-unit consists of three shops geographically located to serve different campus areas, as well as staff who support the Yerkes Observatory in Williams Bay, Wisc.
Our on-campus shops provide building engineering services which include:
- Making adjustments, maintaining and repairing building heating and cooling systems.
- Responding to requests regarding space temperature.
- Maintenance and repairs to campus plumbing systems. This includes domestic water supply, restroom and laboratory fixtures, waste and storm drains, and water distribution for hydronic heating and cooling systems.
- Conducting preventive maintenance for building mechanical systems.
Engineers are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide emergency coverage and response.
Our electricians provide multiple services, including:
- Maintenance, repairs, alterations and installations of electrical systems and components from low- to high-voltage distribution and end-usage devices.
- Maintenance & repairs to all campus high-voltage electrical systems.
- Electrical systems preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Restoring power to tripped circuit breakers, lighting repair and small modifications to existing electrical systems.
- Providing exterior path street lighting.
- Lighting preventive maintenance.
- Cleaning and re-lamping lighting fixtures. (Used lamps and bulbs are recycled.)
- Maintenance and repair of programming lighting control panels and other electrical lighting devices.
- Provision of emergency generators and related systems controls and associated preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Construction interface with Capital Project Delivery and external vendor partners to conduct shutdowns, plan reviews and consultations.
- Installation, repairs and preventative maintenance of fire alarm systems.
- Fire systems programming changes.
- Fire system shutdowns for Capital Project Delivery and external vendor partners.
- Support and assistance to Capital Project Delivery, Building Services, and Engineering and Utilities.
Submit a Service Request to request service for any of the listed items.