In creating the University of Chicago Center in Delhi, the University plans to provide a physical presence to deepen the capacity for scholarship and teaching in connection with India and to enhance and strengthen the rich collaborations between the University of Chicago and Indian academics and institutions. The center will serve as a base in India, supporting the work of University of Chicago faculty, graduate students, and undergraduates from each of the University’s divisions, schools, and the College. The center will also host executive education and career development programs, foster exchange programs and fellowship, serve as a gathering space for alumni throughout India, and act as a resource for Indian researchers and students.
The University is now creating the appropriate operational infrastructure to house the Center’s programs and activities. Located in the heart of Delhi, the University is leasing a 12,500sf ground floor commercial space. The new center will be similar to the Center in Beijing. It will contain offices for faculty, staff and graduate students, seminar rooms, a lecture hall and study areas, as well as spaces for hosting conferences, seminars, exhibits, receptions, public gatherings, and colloquia.
- Project Manager: Nick Nichols
- Assistant Project Manager: Maya Gharpure
- Architects: Robarts Interiors and Architecture; vir.mueller Architects
- Client Representative: CBRE South Asia Pvt. Ltd
- Project Contact: Nick Nichols, firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 2013: Architect firm was selected.
- Spring 2013: Design phase began.
- September 2013: Construction began.
- December 2013: Construction completed.
- January 2014: Tenants moved-in.
- March 28-30, 2014: Grand opening celebration.
LED video wall.
Stone "Jali" screen.
New glass storefront.
Event Space / Lounge
Event Space / Lounge (for a lecture)